Tuesday, May 12, 2009

YSA

Im still young enough and single enough to go to the Young Single Adult conferences. Yeah! I was in charge of getting our ward to Bozeman, MT. Luckily i wasn't incharge of any activities because getting 30 some adults there and sheltered and happy was plenty for me :) I alone had quite the time getting to the hotel and to the insitute every hour on time without getting lost! I don't know what the deal was with me but it made for a fun weekend. Luckily i didn't have to drive...i had a great chauffer.

The first night we gathered in our room for some games and craziness. I think we all had the idea of coming to this conference to get to know other SA from the surrounding areas but we really just stuck together and got to know eachother a lllloooot better.

Sean Covey came as our speaker. He was great, really funny, he had a good message for us. The meals were great too :)

Jericho Road came and they were so fun to watch. OUr ward proceeded to take the front row which was the best idea (you feel like the show is all for you :)) The first 10 minutes i was laughing because of their dancing...it was good...just funny to see LDS men, seriously dancing like Backstreet boys. Bishop was right behind us enjoying every minute of it :)

Afterwards i was quite shy to meet them but my friend Ellyn helped me get a picture with em. THis is definitely a nervous smile. They had such a good show overall, the guys in our ward weren't so excited about it all...some left midway :(
Thats a weekend in a wrap up. I still wonder if im too old to go to these things...even though half my ward that came was at least 4 years older than me. THere's a good mix of 26 year olds and 18 year olds! Yipee



1 comment:

Braydan and Jessica said...

I'm so glad that ward of yours has you in it to plan all these fun things. I don't know what they'd do without you!! Glad it turned out fun for everyone and you got to see "famous" people!