Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I Can Cook!!!!!

So my mom is gone to help Jessica for a week. I feel bad that I never cook at home; for one, I don't want to cook instead of my mommy's delicious meals but she and everyone else wants to make sure I can cook in the near future :) So this week I am committed to cook everyday. I figured this was the perfect time to learn and do it all by myself. Usually when I don't cook its because I am lazy but I like doing it when it needs done and my eaters are excited for my one and only meal I make- BBQ Chx Pizza! This time I picked out five new delicious recipes from my mom's box.
Tonights heavenly meal was HAWAIIAN STYLE CHICKEN (Yum...)
(I didn't do everything it said because I had better ideas but I did use all the ingredients, just made up my own process that worked beautifully)!
Here's the recipe:
Brown in oil: 2lbs Chicken (parts)
Add:
Pineapple Syrup (8oz can crushed pineapple drained)
1 can Campbells Chicken Broth
1/4 c vinegar
2T. Brown Sugar
2t. Soysauce
1 t. Garlic Salt
Cover. Cook over low heat for 40 min.
Add:
1 med. green pepper (or handful of frozen chunks of green pepper :))
1 can drained pineapple (the 8oz one you used the syrup from before)
Cook: 5 min. or til done
Combine- 3T Cornstarch
1/4 c water
Stir into sauce. Cook til thick.
Serve over rice
Wala!!!!
It is sooo good.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I will try this one for sure. It sounds very yummy and I never remember it in the good old days of living there. Good luck cooking. I have been doing better also as my new years resolution. As long as Nolan gives me a week long menu, I am committed to making it. Hope you guys can survive with your mom being gone!

Stacy said...

Yumm! I will have to try that!

Braydan and Jessica said...

you're funny sissy. i'm glad you're practicing cause you need it! At least you know how to make rice now :)